Wilson Venom Popper/Stickbait Spin Rod
- Regular price
- From $639.99
- Regular price
- Sale price
- From $639.99
- Unit price
The highly acclaimed and highly awarded Venom series of fishing rods brings together technological breakthroughs that allow Wilson Fishing to deliver a series of rods that are lightweight, super strong and exceptionally durable. Wilson Fishing has been able to provide the highest modulus carbon rods without any of the associated weaknesses or dampening effects of additional materials such as nano resins.
The Venom Popping/Stickbait Rods quickly developed a reputation for performance when big, nasty fish that eat surface offerings are on the cards. These rods are designed to give the advantage back to the angler and to do this they were built on a 7'11" blank that came in two pieces for long casting and ease of transport.
Like all Venom rods, the Popping Series uses a blank that is incredibly light and impressively strong. The Venom blank is a real eye-opener for most and when you witness what these blanks can do in the field, they virtually sell themselves.
Fitted out with Fuji guides and Fuji reel seats, the Venom Popping Series has 5 rods in the range from the light PE 3 rod (around 15kg rated) right up to the monster PE 12 rod (around 60kg rated). Most anglers choose to use the PE 8 (36kg) or the PE 10 (45kg) rods as most of the fish can be easily tamed with these sticks, but it's always good to know that if you need it, there is a bigger, tougher stick in the range.
The slower action of these rods allows anglers to really get down and dirty with big brutes around coral reefs. This same action also makes it easy to cast a long way with the large lures used in this brutal fishery. The Venom Popping Series gives anglers one of the lightest and strongest blanks with an action that puts more pressure on the fish than the angler - and when you're locking down with 10kg+ of drag, you really do want all the advantages you can get.
It's a tough game and these Venom Popping rods are at the top of their class. Easy casting, easy fighting and a strength that belies their light weight. If big lures and even bigger fish are your game, treat your addiction with a Venom Popping rod.
The new Venom Stickbait rods are also 7'11" long and are 2-piece rods.
Built on the patented Venom hi-modulus blank and coupled with Fuji Silicone K-Frame guides to give exceptional casting performance, the Venom Stickbait rods are designed to perform.
The softer tip of the rods, when compared to the Popping series, gives better action to stickbaits and allows anglers to work their lures through calm and rough conditions perfectly.
Three rods are in the range, the Stickbait, a 15-30lb braid rated rod that will throw 14-60g lures, the Stickbait 1, a 30-50lb braid rated rod that can cast stickbaits between 25g and 100g, and the Stickbait 2, the heavy rod in the range that is rated for braided lines from 40-60lb and can cast larger stickabits from 40g to 150g.
Custom shaped slender grips finish off these exceptional rods, giving the angler more feel and control when the pressure is on.
|RLFSSTXVP3||Venom Popper PE3||30lb||7'11"||2||50-125g|
|RLFSSTXVP5||Venom Popper PE5||50lb||7'11"||2||85-150g|
|RLFSSTXVP8||Venom Popper PE8||80lb||7'11"||2||85-175g|
|RLFSSTXVP10||Venom Popper PE10||100lb||7'11"||2||100-220g|
|RLFVST1||Venom Stickbait 1||30-50lb||7'11"||2||25-100g|
|RLFVST2||Venom Stickbait 2||40-60lb||7'11"||2||40-140g|
We understand that circumstances do change, and offer a returns policy to suit.
- Custom product creations: Skirted Trolling Lures, Lure Builder, Rigging, Hook Rigs and Services are not eligible for return.
- Items “On Sale”, Clearance or Discount are not eligible for return (excluding consumer guarantees as required by law)
- Gift Vouchers are not eligible for return or refund.
- Gift Packs are not eligible for return or refund.
Any line spooled on a reel sold by Fishing Station, that is to be returned, is subject to a $15 de-spooling fee (per reel).
30 Day Returns Policy (For Online Orders)
- Product/s must be unused
- Still in original packaging and condition (including any shrink or plastic wrapping)
- Returns window is activated from date of delivery from logistics carrier (or date of pickup from post office)
- All return postage costs are paid by buyer
- Original shipping costs are non-refundable
- Contact us to open a Return Authorisation
- Provided the request falls within the 30 day returns window, we will email through a Return Authorisation form
- This form must be included within the box for the return.
- Please ensure sufficient packaging and protection inside the box to prevent transit damage
- Our returns address will be provided at this time.
It is the buyer’s responsibility to ensure that the parcel is dispatched within the 7 days – parcel tracking must show the parcel is scanned by the logistics carrier within the 7 days of initiating the return. Parcel tracking and insurance is strongly recommended. It is the buyer’s responsibility to ensure the parcel reaches us. We will not accept returned goods stamped “More To Pay”.
All returns are carefully examined upon receipt to ensure they adhere to the returns policy. Relevant photos will be taken to confirm this.
Any returns received:
- Outside the returns window,
- Without prior authorisation,
- Without an enclosed Return Authorisation form
will not be processed, and will be shipped back to the buyer at their cost.
- We have a separate returns policy for instore purchases – please ring the shop to confirm this.
- All returns (for orders placed online) can also be processed in-store, within the 30 day returns window.
- Prior authorisation is not required for in-store returns, however please bring your invoice.
Incorrect / Damaged Items on Arrival
Any imperfections to orders received must be reported to us within 24 hours of delivery. If an incorrect item has been sent, please do not open any sealed packaging – any attempt to use the incorrect item will be deemed to be acceptance of the item by the buyer.Please follow these instructions:
- Prior to opening, please take photos immediately of the damaged box
- Please take photos of the damaged item showing the fault (if possible)
We will replace items that are damaged in transit by the carrier, or incorrectly shipped due to fulfilment errors on our side. Please contact us and we will arrange the return and replacement.
Warranty Claims / Faulty Items
It is the policy of Fishing Station that all warranty and faulty item claims come back to our shop first for inspection by our staff. Should the item need to be sent back to the manufacturer, the buyer will be notified and kept up to date with its repair progress.
Intentional misuse of an item by not following instructions and usage guidelines, such as (but not limited to):
- Submersing a reel
- Breaking a rod by exceeding its strain capacity
Will not be covered by our warranty and fault protocol, and the item will be returned to the buyer at the buyer’s cost.
Australian Consumer Law Guarantees
All products come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. This entitles buyer’s to:
- Replacement or refund for a major failure of the product
- Compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage
- Repair or replacement of the goods if they fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.