New Zealand Strike Indicator Wool
- Regular price
- Regular price
- Sale price
- Unit price
Ultimate 100% Pure Wool Indicator Material
Our specially sourced and dyed natural wool works extremely well in a variety of conditions. Having researched dozens of wool types and synthetics, this particular wool has been specially selected because of it's wiry, water-shedding properties that allow a perfect float cast after cast. Our ultimate wool material provides a “no-spook” landing and presentation. It fills the indicator sleeve perfectly and can be trimmed to the size you want.
To the attentive fisherman – it provides the ultimate solution for a perfect presentation to difficult fish. Even the most “educated” trout will not spook with this indicator material - especially when the indicator is trimmed to suit the conditions. On spring creeks, tail waters and flat water when casting to working fish we sometimes trim the indicator down to a size 16 dry fly (sometimes even smaller!) - talk about a stealthy presentation! With the sensitivity these wool indicators provide, you will see strikes more quickly and more often.
This wool has natural lanolin, however, go ahead and add a dab of floatant on it at the beginning of the day. The indicator will float all day and casts beautifully – with almost no wind resistance!
- Pleasure to Cast Light and Natural - Casts like a dry fly
- Floats High - Easy to see - Floats like a cork with a bit of fly floatant
- Lands Gently - Doesn't spook fish
- Very Sensitive to Strikes - Many takes are currently undetectable with hard plastic type indicators
- Trim to Exact Size Required - Wool Indicator will float two size 14 tungsten bead head nymphs or trim small and stealthy
- Bristly Holds its shape - sheep bred to produce wool with these properties
- Hi-Vis Orange - Easy to see in turbulent water
- Black - For those days when there's glare and the water surface turns silver/gray - amazing how well
- Black works in these conditions
- Bright Florescent Green - Very Bright - Easily seen in rough waters - also good to mix with other colors to make high visibility multicolored indicators
- Mixed Colors - Has all colors - White, Black, Green and Orange
We understand that circumstances do change, and offer a returns policy to suit.
- Custom product creations: Skirted Trolling Lures, Lure Builder, Rigging, Hook Rigs and Services are not eligible for return.
- Items “On Sale”, Clearance or Discount are not eligible for return (excluding consumer guarantees as required by law)
- Gift Vouchers are not eligible for return or refund.
- Gift Packs are not eligible for return or refund.
Any line spooled on a reel sold by Fishing Station, that is to be returned, is subject to a $15 de-spooling fee (per reel).
30 Day Returns Policy (For Online Orders)
- Product/s must be unused
- Still in original packaging and condition (including any shrink or plastic wrapping)
- Returns window is activated from date of delivery from logistics carrier (or date of pickup from post office)
- All return postage costs are paid by buyer
- Original shipping costs are non-refundable
- Contact us to open a Return Authorisation
- Provided the request falls within the 30 day returns window, we will email through a Return Authorisation form
- This form must be included within the box for the return.
- Please ensure sufficient packaging and protection inside the box to prevent transit damage
- Our returns address will be provided at this time.
It is the buyer’s responsibility to ensure that the parcel is dispatched within the 7 days – parcel tracking must show the parcel is scanned by the logistics carrier within the 7 days of initiating the return. Parcel tracking and insurance is strongly recommended. It is the buyer’s responsibility to ensure the parcel reaches us. We will not accept returned goods stamped “More To Pay”.
All returns are carefully examined upon receipt to ensure they adhere to the returns policy. Relevant photos will be taken to confirm this.
Any returns received:
- Outside the returns window,
- Without prior authorisation,
- Without an enclosed Return Authorisation form
will not be processed, and will be shipped back to the buyer at their cost.
- We have a separate returns policy for instore purchases – please ring the shop to confirm this.
- All returns (for orders placed online) can also be processed in-store, within the 30 day returns window.
- Prior authorisation is not required for in-store returns, however please bring your invoice.
Incorrect / Damaged Items on Arrival
Any imperfections to orders received must be reported to us within 24 hours of delivery. If an incorrect item has been sent, please do not open any sealed packaging – any attempt to use the incorrect item will be deemed to be acceptance of the item by the buyer.Please follow these instructions:
- Prior to opening, please take photos immediately of the damaged box
- Please take photos of the damaged item showing the fault (if possible)
We will replace items that are damaged in transit by the carrier, or incorrectly shipped due to fulfilment errors on our side. Please contact us and we will arrange the return and replacement.
Warranty Claims / Faulty Items
It is the policy of Fishing Station that all warranty and faulty item claims come back to our shop first for inspection by our staff. Should the item need to be sent back to the manufacturer, the buyer will be notified and kept up to date with its repair progress.
Intentional misuse of an item by not following instructions and usage guidelines, such as (but not limited to):
- Submersing a reel
- Breaking a rod by exceeding its strain capacity
Will not be covered by our warranty and fault protocol, and the item will be returned to the buyer at the buyer’s cost.
Australian Consumer Law Guarantees
All products come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. This entitles buyer’s to:
- Replacement or refund for a major failure of the product
- Compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage
- Repair or replacement of the goods if they fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.