Daiwa 23 Saltiga Spin Reel
- Regular price
- From $1,199.00
- Regular price
- Sale price
- From $1,199.00
- Unit price
Arguably the most sought after and long-awaited release in recent Daiwa history, a small-size Saltiga is now available. 23 Saltiga represents the pinnacle of Daiwa engineering progress over the past decade and features every bit of technology to make the new Saltiga the best mid-size saltwater spin reel Daiwa has ever produced.
For the first time in a true heavy-duty saltwater reel Airdrive Design is debuted. As was the case with the introduction of Airdrive Design with 22 Exist, lower start-up inertia was the goal. By redeveloping the shape of the rotor assembly, Daiwa engineers were able to both reduce the weight and maintain the strength.
Airdrive Design doesn't stop there, Daiwa also totally re-engineered the bail assembly of 23 Saltiga, with a distinct new shape, the bail arm maintains its hollow tubular stainless steel structure but is now thinner and lighter than before. The new shape guides the line perfectly into the roller, which has also been redesigned with the implementation of Twistbuster III to reduce line twist even more.
All of these features are built upon Daiwa 's renowned Monocoque (MQ) body, a solid one-piece aluminium body which enables the fitment of a much larger drive gear, increasing torque & power. It also makes the reel much more impervious to the elements, further sealing the gearcase from saltwater ingress.
Daiwa 's Magseal technology in both forms are also equipped, with a Magseal above the pinion gear to stop water ingress from above, and Magseal Bearings installed each side of the drive gear to prevent ingress from the handle or handle screw cap.
There's no doubting the importance of a true saltwater mid-size spinning reel in Australian conditions, and the new 23 Saltiga is the best Daiwa has ever produced.
The 23 Saltiga is available in three sizes (4000, 5000, 6000) and in two retrieve ratios (5.7:1 and 6.2:1) per size.
TWIST BUSTER 3 - An evolution of Twist Buster II, Twist Buster III features a newly designed groove in the line roller further eliminates twist of the line as it enters the spool, reducing line twist and minimising problems.
AIRDRIVE DESIGN - Daiwa’s new Airdrive Design, a four pillar (Airdrive Rotor, Airdrive Bail, Airdrive Spool, and Airdrive Shaft) design concept that reduces weight, and enhances rotational smoothness and responsiveness to create a reel that is next level in both form and function.
MAGSEALED BODY - Ultimate protection is delivered to the engine room of the reel with a magnetised oil seal located on the main shaft of the reel’s rotor shutting the door to the elements and unwanted intruders. Dust, water, and salt intrusion into the inner workings of a reel are a thing of the past with MagSeal.
MONOCOQUE (MQ) - A one-piece frame eliminates the use of traditional two-piece body & sideplate construction. A single piece body utilises a screw-in engine plate to house the main gear, reducing flex and twist under load creating a sealed mechanism. The elimination of the side plate has also allowed for a more compact body design. MQ technology not only makes reels stronger & better sealed, but also more compact.
|MODEL||BEARINGS||CAPACITY PE||DRAG||GEAR||PICK UP||TYPE||WEIGHT|
|23 SALTIGA (G) 4000-H||12BB (9CRBB; 2MSBB; 1RB)||PE #2/300m||12kg||5.7:1||90cm||Spin||345g|
|23 SALTIGA (G) 4000-XH||12BB (9CRBB; 2MSBB; 1RB)||PE #2/300m||12kg||6.2:1||98cm||Spin||345g|
|23 SALTIGA (G) 5000-H||12BB (9CRBB; 2MSBB; 1RB)||PE #2.5/300m||15kg||5.7:1||96cm||Spin||365g|
|23 SALTIGA (G) 5000-XH||12BB (9CRBB; 2MSBB; 1RB)||PE #2.5/300m||15kg||6.2:1||104cm||Spin||365g|
|23 SALTIGA (G) 6000-H||12BB (9CRBB; 2MSBB; 1RB)||PE #3/300m||15kg||5.7:1||101cm||Spin||400g|
|23 SALTIGA (G) 6000-XH||12BB (9CRBB; 2MSBB; 1RB)||PE #3/300m||15kg||6.2:1||110cm||Spin||400g|
We understand that circumstances do change, and offer a returns policy to suit.
- Custom product creations: Skirted Trolling Lures, Lure Builder, Rigging, Hook Rigs and Services are not eligible for return.
- Items “On Sale”, Clearance or Discount are not eligible for return (excluding consumer guarantees as required by law)
- Gift Vouchers are not eligible for return or refund.
- Gift Packs are not eligible for return or refund.
Any line spooled on a reel sold by Fishing Station, that is to be returned, is subject to a $15 de-spooling fee (per reel).
30 Day Returns Policy (For Online Orders)
- Product/s must be unused
- Still in original packaging and condition (including any shrink or plastic wrapping)
- Returns window is activated from date of delivery from logistics carrier (or date of pickup from post office)
- All return postage costs are paid by buyer
- Original shipping costs are non-refundable
- Contact us to open a Return Authorisation
- Provided the request falls within the 30 day returns window, we will email through a Return Authorisation form
- This form must be included within the box for the return.
- Please ensure sufficient packaging and protection inside the box to prevent transit damage
- Our returns address will be provided at this time.
It is the buyer’s responsibility to ensure that the parcel is dispatched within the 7 days – parcel tracking must show the parcel is scanned by the logistics carrier within the 7 days of initiating the return. Parcel tracking and insurance is strongly recommended. It is the buyer’s responsibility to ensure the parcel reaches us. We will not accept returned goods stamped “More To Pay”.
All returns are carefully examined upon receipt to ensure they adhere to the returns policy. Relevant photos will be taken to confirm this.
Any returns received:
- Outside the returns window,
- Without prior authorisation,
- Without an enclosed Return Authorisation form
will not be processed, and will be shipped back to the buyer at their cost.
- We have a separate returns policy for instore purchases – please ring the shop to confirm this.
- All returns (for orders placed online) can also be processed in-store, within the 30 day returns window.
- Prior authorisation is not required for in-store returns, however please bring your invoice.
Incorrect / Damaged Items on Arrival
Any imperfections to orders received must be reported to us within 24 hours of delivery. If an incorrect item has been sent, please do not open any sealed packaging – any attempt to use the incorrect item will be deemed to be acceptance of the item by the buyer.Please follow these instructions:
- Prior to opening, please take photos immediately of the damaged box
- Please take photos of the damaged item showing the fault (if possible)
We will replace items that are damaged in transit by the carrier, or incorrectly shipped due to fulfilment errors on our side. Please contact us and we will arrange the return and replacement.
Warranty Claims / Faulty Items
It is the policy of Fishing Station that all warranty and faulty item claims come back to our shop first for inspection by our staff. Should the item need to be sent back to the manufacturer, the buyer will be notified and kept up to date with its repair progress.
Intentional misuse of an item by not following instructions and usage guidelines, such as (but not limited to):
- Submersing a reel
- Breaking a rod by exceeding its strain capacity
Will not be covered by our warranty and fault protocol, and the item will be returned to the buyer at the buyer’s cost.
Australian Consumer Law Guarantees
All products come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. This entitles buyer’s to:
- Replacement or refund for a major failure of the product
- Compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage
- Repair or replacement of the goods if they fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.