Daiwa Seaborg Megatwin Electric Reel
- Regular price
- From $1,206.00
- Regular price
- Sale price
- From $1,206.00
- Unit price
Feel Alive. Feel the excitement. Feel the power. The"big one" slowly appears from the depths. You take a deep breath‚ your lungs fill with the salty air. The anticipation makes your heart beat faster. The feeling of power and excitement surges through your body. With a push of a lever, the reel engages, the feeling of ultimate power between man, machine and monster and so, let the battle begin!
Mega Torque Motor - The strength of Seaborg's new custom motor is in the same class as the mighty Marine Power 3000. The power and speed are quiet and smooth, and with an output of approximately 1.3 times greater than previous motors. This is the ultimate battle machine. With all this power, the new aluminium composite housing is designed to maximise the release of heat and keep the motor cool, ensuring that the power is available all the time. This monster has a tough heart inside, to challenge any fierce battle in the sea.
Megatwin - Daiwa's original Seaborg Megatwin reel design utilises a two-gear ratio system. The new Seaborg employs a totally redesigned system that allows the user to immediately switch between mega-power mode and mega-speed mode by simply touching a button. During retrieve or when battling a monster the new speed function switches smoothly and effortlessly. With this functionality, an angler can alternate to the best speed, depending on the situation.
ATD (Automatic Drag System) - ATD gives you the power and poise to take control of whatever crosses your angling path. ATD is a combination of seven large carbon washers and improved drag grease. The new grease exhibits a low viscosity at rest, yet becomes more viscous immediately after drag startup. This reduces initial drag start-up inertia. When combined with the structural changes to the ATD Drag washers, results in a smoother stronger drag from the initial hook up, allowing you to concentrate on the fight. This tough drag function will adjust according to the pulling of fish.
To keep the drag smooth under extreme pressure , an aluminium drag radiator is located on the handle shaft that dissipates heat away from the drag system, maximising the release of heat, keeping the drag cooler for better drag performance. This ultimate function will maintain the drag power to help conquer large fish. Also, an alarm sound function will notify anglers when line is being pulled out.
Jog Power Lever - The new Seaborg Jog Power Lever system is designed for standup fishing techniques. With the standing fight concept in mind, the Jog Lever will allow an immediate response to wind the line. When standing with the rod/reel outfit in your right hand the lever can be controlled with your left thumb. Alternatively when using your left hand to hold the outfit, pinching the lever with your right hand will allow you to control the machine easily. This easy to use function will allow you to continuously lead the fight against your target.
Magsealed Ball Bearing - Daiwa's ultimate technology - Magsealed Ball Bearing prevents water and dust intrusion inside the ball bearing which greatly reduces reel corrosion and noise. Applied to the spool shaft surrounding, a place where salt and dust intrusion is most likely to happen and maintenance is difficult. This will improve the long-term durability and the smoothness.
Dot Screen Display - Out in the field it can be tough to read anything on an LCD screen due to sun glare or sunglasses. The Seaborg's LCD screen displays large letters/numbers and uses a dotted LCD screen to make it easier for anglers to see the display. Line input procedures are selectable in Japanese or English languages. Just let the D-Vec letters on the start screen lead you to the exciting world of Dendoh reel fishing.
The Seaborg reels set a new standard for what is possible with an electric reel. Gone are the days when this type of reel was made just for deep drop fishing. With the new Jog Lever design, the Seaborg is the ultimate standup electric game reel.
- Powerful Megatwin (switchable between high/low gear)
- English version LCD
- Magsealed ball Bearing
- Oversize SIC line guide
- Jog Power Lever
- Drag radiator
- Convenient 12-Volt DC Operation (acceptable range of voltage 12-16.8V)
- Electric current usage No load - 4 amps, Rated 7/5A (Hi/Lo) amps, Maximum power - 20 amps
- Line Counter and Depth Memory
- LCD Readout
|DRAG PRESSURE (KG)
|SEABORG 800MJ MEGATWIN
|PE 8/600m; 10/500m
|SEABORG 1200MJ MEGATWIN
|PE 8/1000m; 10-800m
|SEABORG 500MJ MEGATWIN
|PE 5/400m; 6/300m
We understand that circumstances do change, and offer a returns policy to suit.
- Custom product creations: Skirted Trolling Lures, Lure Builder, Rigging, Hook Rigs and Services are not eligible for return.
- Items “On Sale”, Clearance or Discount are not eligible for return (excluding consumer guarantees as required by law)
- Gift Vouchers are not eligible for return or refund.
- Gift Packs are not eligible for return or refund.
Any line spooled on a reel sold by Fishing Station, that is to be returned, is subject to a $15 de-spooling fee (per reel).
30 Day Returns Policy (For Online Orders)
- Product/s must be unused
- Still in original packaging and condition (including any shrink or plastic wrapping)
- Returns window is activated from date of delivery from logistics carrier (or date of pickup from post office)
- All return postage costs are paid by buyer
- Original shipping costs are non-refundable
- Contact us to open a Return Authorisation
- Provided the request falls within the 30 day returns window, we will email through a Return Authorisation form
- This form must be included within the box for the return.
- Please ensure sufficient packaging and protection inside the box to prevent transit damage
- Our returns address will be provided at this time.
It is the buyer’s responsibility to ensure that the parcel is dispatched within the 7 days – parcel tracking must show the parcel is scanned by the logistics carrier within the 7 days of initiating the return. Parcel tracking and insurance is strongly recommended. It is the buyer’s responsibility to ensure the parcel reaches us. We will not accept returned goods stamped “More To Pay”.
All returns are carefully examined upon receipt to ensure they adhere to the returns policy. Relevant photos will be taken to confirm this.
Any returns received:
- Outside the returns window,
- Without prior authorisation,
- Without an enclosed Return Authorisation form
will not be processed, and will be shipped back to the buyer at their cost.
- We have a separate returns policy for instore purchases – please ring the shop to confirm this.
- All returns (for orders placed online) can also be processed in-store, within the 30 day returns window.
- Prior authorisation is not required for in-store returns, however please bring your invoice.
Incorrect / Damaged Items on Arrival
Any imperfections to orders received must be reported to us within 24 hours of delivery. If an incorrect item has been sent, please do not open any sealed packaging – any attempt to use the incorrect item will be deemed to be acceptance of the item by the buyer.Please follow these instructions:
- Prior to opening, please take photos immediately of the damaged box
- Please take photos of the damaged item showing the fault (if possible)
We will replace items that are damaged in transit by the carrier, or incorrectly shipped due to fulfilment errors on our side. Please contact us and we will arrange the return and replacement.
Warranty Claims / Faulty Items
It is the policy of Fishing Station that all warranty and faulty item claims come back to our shop first for inspection by our staff. Should the item need to be sent back to the manufacturer, the buyer will be notified and kept up to date with its repair progress.
Intentional misuse of an item by not following instructions and usage guidelines, such as (but not limited to):
- Submersing a reel
- Breaking a rod by exceeding its strain capacity
Will not be covered by our warranty and fault protocol, and the item will be returned to the buyer at the buyer’s cost.
Australian Consumer Law Guarantees
All products come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. This entitles buyer’s to:
- Replacement or refund for a major failure of the product
- Compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage
- Repair or replacement of the goods if they fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.