Daiwa 20 Wilderness Travel Rod
- Regular price
- Regular price
- Sale price
- Unit price
Australia is blessed with some of the finest fishing in the world. Remote, untouched locations teeming with hard fighting sportfish are often only accessible by venturing off the beaten path. That’s where Daiwa’s 20 WILDERNESS rod range was born.
Utilising Daiwa’s brand-new V-Joint Alpha technology, WILDERNESS is the undisputed champion of the travel rod market. V-Joint Alpha is the latest incarnation of Daiwa’s famous V-Joint technology, utilising the finest materials in 0, 90- & 45-degree axis around the joint sections, V-Joint Alpha creates a multi-piece rod with a single piece feel. During the development of V-Joint Alpha, Daiwa engineers were able to produce rods with one extra section whilst at the same time making rods which were stronger, had better recovery and better performance than their predecessors.
20 WILDERNESS features nine models designed for everything from trout and bream to the voracious Papuan black bass. Featuring other key Daiwa features such as HVF Nanoplus graphite blanks, exclusive Daiwa designed reel seats and Fuji’s beloved Alconite guides, 20 WILDERNESS rods are the most advanced travel rod Daiwa’s ever produced.
The innovative multi-piece design incorporates a more traditional butt joint along with multiple V-Joint Alpha joins along the remainder of the blank. The heavier actions have been fitted with durable rubber Fuji butt caps to deal with some rougher than usual encounters while travelling. All 20 WILDERNESS models come with a semi-hard case with individual compartments to protect each section.
If you’re looking to do some travelling and require a rod which can pack away to even a standard backpack size, then look no further than the 20 WILDERNESS series from Daiwa.
DAIWA REEL SEAT
One of the strengths of Daiwa rod design. Designing and producing exclusive reel seats allows Daiwa rods to be unique with functional benefits over the competition. More comfortable, better designs and unique looks is what Daiwa reel seat design is all about.
Through the use of nano resin control technology in the blank construction process, Nanoplus allows for increased graphite density to be achieved within a graphite rod blank.
V JOINT ALPHA
Lighter and stronger than its predessor, V-Joint Alpha features Bias construction that allows the rod joint to flex with the rod to eliminate flat spots and weakness in the ferrule joint.
Developed to eliminate blank twist and increase power, X45 features a Bias Wrap Construction, left/right 45 degree carbon weave within the blank. X45 radically improves rod strength and durability by eliminating twist and preventing the blank from losing its round form. The elimination of this twist allows for a lighter, stronger and more powerful and sensitive rod.
FUJI ALCONITE RING
A special type of ceramic that offers strength, lightness, and durability. Delivering 80% greater compression strength, and 20% lighter than aluminium oxide guides.
FUJI STAINLESS STEEL GUIDES
Light, strong, and highly corrosion resistant, Fuji stainless steel guides are tailor-made for Australia's harsh conditions.
|MODEL||TYPE||SECTIONS||LENGTH||ACTION||TAPER||CAST WEIGHT||RECOMMENDED LINE||CLOSED LENGTH|
|20 WILDERNESS 765LFS||Spin||5 (B+4)||7'6"/229cm||Light||Fast||1-8g||1-3kg||53cm|
|20 WILDERNESS 765MLFS||Spin||5 (B+4)||7'6"/229cm||Medium Light||Fast||3-12g||2-5kg||53cm|
|20 WILDERNESS 765MHFS||Spin||5 (B+4)||7'6"/229cm||Medium Heavy||Fast||4-17g||3-6kg||53cm|
|20 WILDERNESS 765HFS||Spin||5 (B+4)||7'6"/229cm||Heavy||Fast||10-30g||6-10kg||53cm|
|20 WILDERNESS 664HFB||Spin||4 (B+3)||6'6"/198cm||Heavy||Fast||10-30g||6-12kg||61cm|
|20 WILDERNESS 664LXS||Spin||4 (B+3)||6'6"/198cm||Light||XFast||2-10g||1-4kg||61cm|
|20 WILDERNESS 664ULFS||Spin||4 (B+3)||6'6"/198cm||Ultra Light||Fast||1-5g||1-2kg||54cm|
|20 WILDERNESS 644XHRS||Baitcaster||4 (B+3)||6'4"/193cm||Extra Heavy||Reg||10-80g||8-20kg||60cm|
|20 WILDERNESS 644XXHRB||Baitcaster||4 (B+3)||6'4"/193cm||Extra Extra Heavy||Reg||20-100g||12-30kg||54cm|
We understand that circumstances do change, and offer a returns policy to suit.
- Custom product creations: Skirted Trolling Lures, Lure Builder, Rigging, Hook Rigs and Services are not eligible for return.
- Items “On Sale”, Clearance or Discount are not eligible for return (excluding consumer guarantees as required by law)
- Gift Vouchers are not eligible for return or refund.
- Gift Packs are not eligible for return or refund.
Any line spooled on a reel sold by Fishing Station, that is to be returned, is subject to a $15 de-spooling fee (per reel).
30 Day Returns Policy (For Online Orders)
- Product/s must be unused
- Still in original packaging and condition (including any shrink or plastic wrapping)
- Returns window is activated from date of delivery from logistics carrier (or date of pickup from post office)
- All return postage costs are paid by buyer
- Original shipping costs are non-refundable
- Contact us to open a Return Authorisation
- Provided the request falls within the 30 day returns window, we will email through a Return Authorisation form
- This form must be included within the box for the return.
- Please ensure sufficient packaging and protection inside the box to prevent transit damage
- Our returns address will be provided at this time.
It is the buyer’s responsibility to ensure that the parcel is dispatched within the 7 days – parcel tracking must show the parcel is scanned by the logistics carrier within the 7 days of initiating the return. Parcel tracking and insurance is strongly recommended. It is the buyer’s responsibility to ensure the parcel reaches us. We will not accept returned goods stamped “More To Pay”.
All returns are carefully examined upon receipt to ensure they adhere to the returns policy. Relevant photos will be taken to confirm this.
Any returns received:
- Outside the returns window,
- Without prior authorisation,
- Without an enclosed Return Authorisation form
will not be processed, and will be shipped back to the buyer at their cost.
- We have a separate returns policy for instore purchases – please ring the shop to confirm this.
- All returns (for orders placed online) can also be processed in-store, within the 30 day returns window.
- Prior authorisation is not required for in-store returns, however please bring your invoice.
Incorrect / Damaged Items on Arrival
Any imperfections to orders received must be reported to us within 24 hours of delivery. If an incorrect item has been sent, please do not open any sealed packaging – any attempt to use the incorrect item will be deemed to be acceptance of the item by the buyer.Please follow these instructions:
- Prior to opening, please take photos immediately of the damaged box
- Please take photos of the damaged item showing the fault (if possible)
We will replace items that are damaged in transit by the carrier, or incorrectly shipped due to fulfilment errors on our side. Please contact us and we will arrange the return and replacement.
Warranty Claims / Faulty Items
It is the policy of Fishing Station that all warranty and faulty item claims come back to our shop first for inspection by our staff. Should the item need to be sent back to the manufacturer, the buyer will be notified and kept up to date with its repair progress.
Intentional misuse of an item by not following instructions and usage guidelines, such as (but not limited to):
- Submersing a reel
- Breaking a rod by exceeding its strain capacity
Will not be covered by our warranty and fault protocol, and the item will be returned to the buyer at the buyer’s cost.
Australian Consumer Law Guarantees
All products come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. This entitles buyer’s to:
- Replacement or refund for a major failure of the product
- Compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage
- Repair or replacement of the goods if they fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.