Daiwa 20 Saltiga Spin Reel
- Regular price
- From $965.00
- Regular price
- Sale price
- From $965.00
- Unit price
Ever since the first Saltiga was released in 2002, the demand for heavy-duty saltwater spinning reels has constantly increased. The original Saltiga set a new standard for this category and has continually evolved throughout its eighteen-year history.
Now, in 2020 Saltiga is re-imagined delivering anglers the most technologically advanced Saltiga ever produced. Original Saltiga field-tester Mr Murakoshi says, “the original Saltiga was all about the angler and field tester, 10 Saltiga was all about the engineer and their creations. Now, 20 Saltiga is the perfect mixture of both”
Extensively redesigned and engineered from drag knob to handle, the 20 Saltiga features the most advanced list of features ever, to once again affirm itself as the ultimate saltwater spinning reel.
At the heart of the re-design is the brand new Monocoque body. A single piece body capable of holding much larger internal gearing components is machined from high-strength aluminium to provide unheralded strength and improved sealing. Housed within the MQ body, is a brand-new drive gear, providing gear strength more than double that of its predecessor. Diameter has increased 12% against 15 Saltiga, whilst the new G1 Drive Gear is also thicker with a newly designed Tough Digigear concept of larger and deeper cut teeth.
The new MQ body in itself improves upon 15 Saltiga again. The single-piece construction improves the rigidity of the body assembly. Which when used under heavy loads against the ocean’s toughest predators, means 20 Saltiga delivers ultimate strength. The new MQ body also boasts a new rear cover design, eliminating screws from the underside of the reel to improve against intrusion, the cover is also produced from reinforced ABS to eliminate potential electrolysis with the aluminium body. Improved paint & finishing processes also extend the durability to the cosmetic side, delivering much improved corrosion protection.
The improvements just keep on coming, with a brand-new aluminium Air Rotor delivering more than double the rigidity against 15 Saltiga. The change to an aluminium construction rotor, which comes with increased weight, was enabled by clever engineering of the newly designed shape keeping the weight increase to a minimum.
Improvements have also been made to the spool & drag assembly, where drag pressures have been increased to an astounding 25/30kg. Limited by the spool capacity, Daiwa engineers created a new drag stack, increasing the number of washers to deliver ten times the drag durability compared to 15 Saltiga. A newly designed aluminium Radiation Drag Knob delivers improved cooling & heat dissipation compared to 15 Saltiga thanks to its aluminium construction and increased size compared to 14 Expedition. A newly designed ABS Longcast lip design offers improved casting performance and enhanced line management. A noticeable lack of porting and a unique under-side lip in the spool design is another deliberate strategy to minimise water intrusion under the spool.
20 Saltiga is designed to ‘Break Your Record’ with every piece and point carefully selected to help anglers achieve their fishing dreams. Made in Japan and bulging at the seams with technology, 20 Saltiga is design excellence like only Daiwa can deliver, and strength and power that only Saltiga can offer.
MONOCOQUE (MQ) - MQ Body will take Saltiga to the next level. The MQ system does not require a body cover, instead using an engine plate to screw directly to the body. Eliminating the need for screws to hold a body cover in place. MQ body improves the strength of the reel, it also improves the water-resistance of the body and allows a larger diameter drive gear to be installed.
G1 DURALUMIN DRIVE GEAR - The larger diameter drive gear. Increasing the diameter by 12% and also increasing thickness reduces the amount of wear, including twist and deformation to both the drive & pinion gears. In comparison to 15 Saltiga, it is more than double the strength. New gear design combined with MQ body makes 20 Saltiga the pinnacle of saltwater spinning reels.
ALUMINIUM AIR ROTOR - More than twice as rigid. The newly designed aluminium air rotor is more than double the rigidity compared to 15 Saltiga. It is also 50% more durable than the famous original Z series Saltiga of 2002.
AUTOMATIC TOURNAMENT DRAG (ATD) - Drag durability more than 10 times that of 15 Saltiga. In comparison to 15 Saltiga drag washers it is more than 10 times more durable with significantly increased drag longevity. Adding drag washers means the workload is spread evenly across the drag stack. By designing the drag with smaller washers, the maximum pressure per washer is decreased, but by adding more washers increased pressure is created.
- Mag Sealed Bearings
- Mag Sealed Body
- Mag Sealed Line Roller
- Metal Ball Knob
- Air Bail - One piece seamless airbail
- Silent Oscillation
- Twist buster - advanced line management
- Long cast spool technology
- Air Bail
- Corrosion Resistant Ball Bearings
- Infinite Anti-Reverse
|20 SALTIGA (G) 8000-P
|PE4 - 300m
|20 SALTIGA (G) 8000-H
|PE4 - 300m
|20 SALTIGA (G) 10000-P
|PE5 - 300m
|20 SALTIGA (G) 10000-H
|PE5 - 300m
|20 SALTIGA (G) 14000-P
|PE6 - 300m
|20 SALTIGA (G) 14000-XH
|PE6 - 300m
|20 SALTIGA (G) 18000-P
|PE8 - 300m
|20 SALTIGA (G) 18000-H
|PE8 - 300m
|20 SALTIGA (G) 20000-H
|PE10 - 300m
We understand that circumstances do change, and offer a returns policy to suit.
- Custom product creations: Skirted Trolling Lures, Lure Builder, Rigging, Hook Rigs and Services are not eligible for return.
- Items “On Sale”, Clearance or Discount are not eligible for return (excluding consumer guarantees as required by law)
- Gift Vouchers are not eligible for return or refund.
- Gift Packs are not eligible for return or refund.
Any line spooled on a reel sold by Fishing Station, that is to be returned, is subject to a $15 de-spooling fee (per reel).
30 Day Returns Policy (For Online Orders)
- Product/s must be unused
- Still in original packaging and condition (including any shrink or plastic wrapping)
- Returns window is activated from date of delivery from logistics carrier (or date of pickup from post office)
- All return postage costs are paid by buyer
- Original shipping costs are non-refundable
- Contact us to open a Return Authorisation
- Provided the request falls within the 30 day returns window, we will email through a Return Authorisation form
- This form must be included within the box for the return.
- Please ensure sufficient packaging and protection inside the box to prevent transit damage
- Our returns address will be provided at this time.
It is the buyer’s responsibility to ensure that the parcel is dispatched within the 7 days – parcel tracking must show the parcel is scanned by the logistics carrier within the 7 days of initiating the return. Parcel tracking and insurance is strongly recommended. It is the buyer’s responsibility to ensure the parcel reaches us. We will not accept returned goods stamped “More To Pay”.
All returns are carefully examined upon receipt to ensure they adhere to the returns policy. Relevant photos will be taken to confirm this.
Any returns received:
- Outside the returns window,
- Without prior authorisation,
- Without an enclosed Return Authorisation form
will not be processed, and will be shipped back to the buyer at their cost.
- We have a separate returns policy for instore purchases – please ring the shop to confirm this.
- All returns (for orders placed online) can also be processed in-store, within the 30 day returns window.
- Prior authorisation is not required for in-store returns, however please bring your invoice.
Incorrect / Damaged Items on Arrival
Any imperfections to orders received must be reported to us within 24 hours of delivery. If an incorrect item has been sent, please do not open any sealed packaging – any attempt to use the incorrect item will be deemed to be acceptance of the item by the buyer.Please follow these instructions:
- Prior to opening, please take photos immediately of the damaged box
- Please take photos of the damaged item showing the fault (if possible)
We will replace items that are damaged in transit by the carrier, or incorrectly shipped due to fulfilment errors on our side. Please contact us and we will arrange the return and replacement.
Warranty Claims / Faulty Items
It is the policy of Fishing Station that all warranty and faulty item claims come back to our shop first for inspection by our staff. Should the item need to be sent back to the manufacturer, the buyer will be notified and kept up to date with its repair progress.
Intentional misuse of an item by not following instructions and usage guidelines, such as (but not limited to):
- Submersing a reel
- Breaking a rod by exceeding its strain capacity
Will not be covered by our warranty and fault protocol, and the item will be returned to the buyer at the buyer’s cost.
Australian Consumer Law Guarantees
All products come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. This entitles buyer’s to:
- Replacement or refund for a major failure of the product
- Compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage
- Repair or replacement of the goods if they fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.