The Shimano Twin Power has a proud 30 years of history since its birth. For 2020, the newly released model is equipped with a metal rotor that integrates the Coresolid philosophy of quality and solidness. This has been pursued for many years and engineered to suppress distortion and twisting of the reel body under load. When paired with the metal Hagane Body, the rigidity and durability of the frame has been improved significantly. In addition, the stiff metal rotor creates a stable winding feel that is comparable to a Stella – the ultimate in smooth reeling. To improve casting performance, the new Long Stroke Spool design has been incorporated. The Twin Power series has continued to evolve into a tough and dependable reel that fisherman can use with confidence in any conditions.
- Hagane Gear – The HAGANE Drive Gear is produced by Shimano’s coldforging technology, without the need for additional machining. This delivers a longlasting smoothness, strength, lightness and power at the very heart of the reel. Traditional diecast, machined gears are less durable under heavy loads.
- MICROMODULE II – Improved Micro Module gearing, making the reeling extreme smooth.
- XSHIP – XShip is a combination of features that work together to create much greater efficiency. By positioning the pinion gear close to the centre line of the large diameter drive gear, more power is transferred from the handle to the rotor. The pinion gear is also supported by two Shimano ARB roller bearings. This creates more stability.
- HAGANE BODY – The HAGANE Body is produced from highrigidity aluminium or magnesium. This creates stiffness and impact resistance, while at the same time eliminating flexing of the body. The result is a rocksolid housing and support for the moving internal gearing and greater efficiency throughout the reel.
- XPROTECT – The contact type triplelip structure is introduced to the roller clutch, the pivotal point concerning water resistance. In this structure, the first lip prevents water from entering through the space between the rotor and the body. In addition, the special grease between the second and third lip where it makes contact with the rotor collar located at the upper part of the roller clutch not only resists water from entering but also minimizes friction resistance. Without jeopardizing the ‘silky smooth rotation capacity’, the vital feature of STELLA SW, exceptional water resistance, has been achieved to withstand the crashing and splashing of waves and spray.
- SILENT DRIVE – Removed ‘clicking’ sound and ‘handle play’ and overall improved smooth reeling.
- G FREE BODY – G Free Body technology has been developed to shift the reel’s centre of gravity closer to the rod. This has been achieved by moving the worm shaft oscillation mechanism 19mm from the bottom of the reel to the top. By moving the centre of gravity closer to the anglers hand position, the G Free Body helps to reduce fatigue and enhance casting comfort.
- ARC SPOOL – Shimano ARC Spool is a patented spool design with an angled spool lip. This design enables the line to leave the spool with less friction and in smaller coils resulting in longer more accurate casts. ARC spools are proven to reduce backlash and wind knots when using braid.
- LONG STROKE SPOOL – The long stroke spool design improves casting performance when compared to the previous model due to improved line flow from the spool.
- RIGID SUPPORT DRAG – Rigid Support Drag eliminates spool movement and wobble, even at light drag settings. The result is an incredibly smooth drag even at extremely light settings.
- S ARB – Shimano S ARB bearings are high corrosion resistant ARB ball bearings with an extra shield for improved protection against sand, salt or dust.
- ONE PIECE BAIL – The onepiece bail wire has no gap for line to snag on during normal operation. Made of Stainless Steel, it reduces friction and allows the line to get onto the line roller quicker.
|DESCRIPTION||BEARINGS||MAX DRAG (KG)||GEAR RATIO||RETRIEVE PER CRANK (CM)||MONO CAPACITY (KG/M)||POWERPRO BRAID (LB/YDS)||WEIGHT (G)|
|TWIN POWER 1000 FD||9+1||3||5.1:1||64||1/250||10/95||175|
|TWIN POWER 2500 FD||9+1||9||5.3:1||78||3/180||10/150||210|
|TWIN POWER 4000 FD XG||9+1||11||6.2:1||$101.00||6/160||15/230||260|
|TWIN POWER C3000 FD XG||9+1||9||6.4:1||$94.00||4/150||10/200||215|
|TWIN POWER C5000 FD XG||9+1||11||6.2:1||101||6/200||20/260||260|