Trinidad is a name that resonates with all Saltwater Anglers. It has earned an impeccable reputation for power and reliability worldwide. Our quest for the Trinidad A was no easy task. Lighter, smaller and more compact were the key physical characteristics and they were accomplished. The performance goal was to build the best casting reel in this category. We shattered our targets and have built a reel for casting which all others will be measured by.
- CROSS CARBON DRAG – This drag material provides a wider range of drag settings, along with the smoothest Shimano drag performance ever
- E.I Surface treatment doubles the durability of the spool surface and gives less wear out by eliminating oxidation.
- HEG consists of not only the gears, but also the frame, setplate, and handle-side sideplate. First we increased the size of the drive gear and the pinion gear to offer increased leverage and power. By using a one-piece frame that incorporates the setplate and adding a one-piece stamped sideplate, we have eliminated flex in the drive train that causes gears to bind under pressure.
- The HAGANE Body is produced from highrigidity aluminium or magnesium. This creates stiffness and impact resistance, while at the same time eliminating flexing of the body. The result is a rocksolid housing and support for the moving internal gearing and greater efficiency throughout the reel.
- S COMPACT BODY – Compact body design to reduce weight and allow for better grip and leverage while fighting a fish
- Shimano S ARB bearings are high corrosion resistant ARB ball bearings with an extra shield for improved protection against sand, salt or dust.
- SUPER FREE SPOOL – Super Free Spool was designed to eliminate friction on the spool shaft during the cast. In standard baitcasting reels, when the clutch bar is pressed down, the pinion gear is freed and actually can drag on the spool shaft creating friction that can limit the length of a cast. With Super Free Spool the pinion gear is supported by a ball bearing so that when the clutch is disengaged in preparation for a cast, the pinion gear and spool shaft are kept in perfect alignment. The result is zero friction upon the spool shaft.
- X-SHIP – X-Ship provides improved gear durability. By supporting the pinion gear on both ends with bearings, the pinion gear maintains precise alignment with the drive gear. This means the gears will stay in the same position under the heaviest loads. The added benefit is that friction between the spool shaft and gear are eliminated. This will enhance the casting performance of the reel with lighter lures, and allow for longer casts.
|ITEM CODE||MONO LINE CAPACITY (#TEST/YD)||WEIGHT (OZ)||BEARINGS||GEAR RATIO||RETRIEVE PER CRANK (IN)||POWERPRO BRAID (LB/YDS)||
MAX DRAG (LB)
|TN12A||12/300, 15/215, 20/150||13.9||8+1||6.3:1||38||40/280, 50/275, 65/175||17|
|TN14A||12/420, 15/280, 20/200||14.8||8+1||6.3:1||38||40/375, 50/370, 65/240||17|
|TN16A||15/420, 20/300, 25/240||19.4||8+1||6.2:1||46||50/530, 65/330, 80/250||25|
|TN16NA||15/260, 20/200, 25/150||19.3||8+1||6.2:1||46||50/370, 65/235, 80/190||25|
|TN20A||20/410, 25/330, 30/280||19.8||8+1||6.2:1||46||50/710, 65/375, 80/310||25|
|TN30A||25/420,30/350||20.5||8+1||6.2:1||46||50/1015, 65/515, 80/415||25|