Big fish beware because the Daiwa Lexa HD is here and it’s here to do some damage. Big, bold and a sight to behold the heavy duty of the Lexa is the biggest, baddest and toughest low profile offshore reel that Daiwa has to offer, with its new aluminium open access frame and invincible internals built to take down any fish.
Don’t let its impressive size and build fool you though because it fits ergonomically and comfortably in the hand with the ease befitting a baitcaster. The rock solid aluminium frame and side plates are highly corrosion resistant and provide an impenetrable housing for Lexa HD’s new bulletproof Stainless Steel gearing system and a newly designed and improved clutch mechanism.
The Lexa’s large single EVA knob, counterbalanced, power handle allows you to take full control, with cranking balance and power completely in your hands. The impressive cranking power is matched by Daiwa’s legendary UTD drag. Featuring a multi washer carbon drag stack the Lexa HD’s UTD will put the power in your hands to stop just about anything that swims.
A heavy drag calls for heavy line and lots of it and the large capacity aluminium spool is as deep and as wide as they come, giving you all the room you need to load up this powerhouse with plenty of your favourite line.
Casting control is right at your fingertips, with Daiwa’s Magforce magnetic cast control system delivering unrivalled cast control regardless of the conditions or an angler’s casting experience and abilities. Backlashes are a thing of the past with the open access spool design allowing full thumb access to the spool during the cast while the Magforce casting control system delivers trouble-free pinpoint casts every time. Magforce combines the best aspects of modern magnetic, and centrifugal breaking for unmatched casting performance, making the Lexa HD a dream to cast.
Infinite Anti-Reverse and Dual Stopper technologies combine, delivering the Lexa a level of cranking control and precision akin to more expensive reels and work effortlessly together to eliminate rearward handle back play for increased reel sensitivity, hook setting power and line control. CRBB further enhance the reel’s silky smooth ways, making it one of the most refined, yet rugged, large low profile jigging reels available.
A perfect marriage of refinement and brawn the Lexa HD is the ultimate heavy-duty low profile jigging reel. If battling hard pulling reef species like kingfish, snapper and mulloway are on your hit list then the Lexa HD is the weapon you need to get the job done.
- 110mm/120mm BC Handle
- ALLOY HANDLE – Light, yet strong, and highly corrosion resistant this a handle that’s the great all-rounder and suited to most applications.
- ALUMINIUM BODY – Lightweight and incredibly strong, aluminium allows strength and weightlessness to be achieved without the cost and corrosion issues of other metals.
- CRBB – Lasting 12 times longer than standard stainless steel bearings Daiwa’s CRBBs feature specially treated stainless steel, and a protective shield on the bearing race that seals out sand, fine grit, salt crystals and other abrasives. The result is a longer lasting bearing that’s protected from the corrosive elements that destroy traditional bearings.
- EVA KNOB – Delivered enhanced angler comfort and contact, EVA knobs provide optimum contact in wet conditions.
- INFINITE ANTI REVERSE – Daiwa’s advanced system that limits rearward backplay handle movement to almost zero for solid hooksets with less shock to the reel. The result is the elimination of handle slap-back and the unwanted release of line.
- MAGFORCE – Daiwa’s first iteration of the famous magnetic cast control system, Magforce is a spool braking system designed to slow the rotational speed through a dialled magnetic control.
- POWER HANDLE – Strong, rigid, and powerful and designed for maximum power applications, this is the handle made for heavy-duty angling.
- STAINLESS STEEL GEARING – Harder & stronger than any other material, Stainless Steel significantly increases gear longevity. Unmatched against corrosion, Stainless Steel gears will help fight against pitting and premature wear which can lead to increased feedback.
- UTD-DRAG – A system that combines ultra smooth low inertia with ultimate fish stopping power. UTD combines advanced carbon washers, alloy and stainless steel drag plates with specially designed grease for ultra-smooth performance.
|MODEL||BALL BEARINGS||DRAG PRESSURE||GEAR||SPOOL CAPACITY||WEIGHT|
|LX-HD300H-P||6BB; 1RB||10kg||6.3||PE 4/220m||348g|
|LX-HD300HS-P||6BB; 1RB||10kg||7.4||PE 4/220m||348g|
|LX-HD300HSL-P||6BB; 1RB||10kg||7.4||PE 4/220m||348g|
|LX-HD400H-P||6BB; 1RB||12kg||6.3||PE 5/280m||485g|
|LX-HD400PWR-P||6BB; 1RB||12kg||5.1||PE 5/280m||475g|