Yamashita developed the TR HF series to add excitement to eging that has not been seen in recent years. These jigs carry a prawn egg phosphorescent marking on the belly that imitates a pregnant shrimp, which squid are more likely to attack.
Yamashita thoroughly researched the weight of the body and sinkers to arrive at the ideal falling speed, with a well-balanced motion.
Keep your line or braid tight and let the belly of the squid expose the eggs area.
Often when fishing in very deep water (40m+) the pressure becomes a factor the angler must consider. Yamashita took this into consideration when designing the TR series to create a jig that maintains its shape even after prolonged fishing at these depths.
- Hydrofin TR – unlike conventional hydro fin, a cross shaped fin is adopted to control vertical and horizontal shake. This stabilises the moment of the jig even in tidal currants far from the angler.
- Hydro Sinker – The Yamashita TR is equipped with a specially shaped sinker to keep a more stable swim posture. Its original design makes it function as a rudder.
- Hydro Body – The hydro body does not resemble the shape of traditional Japanese squid jigs. Compared with ordinary jig shapes, you will notice there is a sharp edge on the side, that allows for greater stability.
- Glowing Fin – Particularly effective in deep water where the light intensity is low.
- G Flash – This has a powerful flashing effect of bouncing the received light back to the light source. Appeals strongly to squids following the eggs from behind or below.
- Warm Jacket – Using warm cloth with the unique heat storage effect, Yamashita manages to deliver the heat accumulated on the warm jacket material.
Please visit our Shipping page for full information on our Shipping Policy.
- Orders $99 and over = FREE STANDARD SHIPPING (excludes Bulky or Heavy Items)
- Orders under $99 = FLAT $10 SHIPPING COST (excludes Bulky or Heavy Items)
- Sydney Metro Same Day/Overnight = $15 FLAT (Specific conditions – see below)
- Express Shipping = $13.50 FLAT (unavailable for Bulky or Heavy Items)
- Priority Shipping = $25 FLAT (unavailable for Bulky or Heavy Items) Startrack Premium air service 1-3 business days most of Australia
Bulky/Heavy/Custom Shipping Charges
- Bulky Items = $20 FLAT (Cart page will advise whether a large item carries a Bulky charge)
- Heavy Items (Sinkers, Weights etc) = $12 FLAT
- Very Heavy/Very Long Items (Electric Motors, Outrigger Poles etc) = Custom shipping cost required – After you place your order, Fishing Station will contact you to discuss shipping costs and options. You are able to request a full refund if the cost is not suitable.
Sydney Metro Same Day/Overnight Courier
- Strictly for orders placed before 9am Sydney time, Monday-Friday (excl public holidays). Orders placed after this time will be delivered the following day.
- Custom work including some reel spooling and rigging services are not eligible for this service – You will be advised at the earliest opportunity if this is the case.
- Delivery in most cases is by 5pm.
- We recommend giving Authority to Leave for residential addresses to prevent delays.
- 2-10 business days
- Delivery times may vary depending on location and seasonality.
- 1-5 business days depending on location
- Please note: Express Shipping is no longer “next day guaranteed”.
- 1-3 business days for most Australian locations
- New Zealand Flat Rate: AUD $25
- Rest of World Flat Rate: AUD $35
- Maximum combined order weight: 500g
- Available for most small items such as reels, lures, hooks, clothing, terminal tackle etc.
- Items >80cm require a custom quote (rods etc)
- Not Available for any Shimano items due to contractual restrictions to only sell within Australia.
- Payment for international orders must be made by a verified Paypal account. If the payment is not verified, Fishing Station may contact you for further verification.
- Local customs charges/import duties may be payable – Fishing Station has no control over this.
30 Day Returns Policy (Online Orders Only)
Custom product creations: Skirted Trolling Lures, Lure Builder, Rigging, Hook Rigs and Services are not eligible for return.
Items “On Sale”, Clearance or Discount are not eligible for return.
Gift Vouchers are not eligible for return or refund.
Gift Packs are not eligible for return or refund.
- Product/s must be unused
- Still in original packaging and condition (including any shrink or plastic wrapping)
- Returns window is activated from date of delivery from logistics carrier (or date of pickup from post office)
- All return postage costs are paid by buyer
- Original shipping costs are non-refundable
Please visit our Returns page for further information.