The “mighty” Cockroach works well in all trolling positions. Though primarily a short rigger lure since the introduction of the rest of this range which are better in the other trolling positions. The Cockroach has an aggressive action that hugs the water at all trolling speeds and will work fine in all weather conditions. This lure has gained an enormous reputation, quite simply because it works so well!
||Dojo Size 25
||Short Rigger (all positions)
In 1997 Peter Pakula was the first lure manufacturer to make lures from super tough, super clear Polyurethane resulting in the first Softease and Diamond Heads. Part of this system was developing a system using single molds to form Trolling Lure Heads. In 2012 we have taken the system further introducing a new form of two part material that is even tougher than than any used previously, plus with new additives in UV code named UV2, Fluorescent and Luminescent (Lumo®) etc. We have put together the Paua Hothead Jet Range which includes Keel Weighted Heads with a Lumo® face.
The head shapes, sizes and skirt sizes are the same as our most successful range to date, the Softease Fangs. We have added Bullet Heads to the Jet Range and brought back the Short Shot Range in both Keeled Jets and Standard Heads including the updated Hornet, Shaker and Pacemaker.
Lumo: This additive absorbs and stores light energy and therefore glows in the dark. This increased light source also increases the visible distance of the lure even in daylight.
UV2: All Pakula skirts now have the UV2 Additive. Ultra Violet additives enhance and brighten colours past the blue side of the spectrum penetrating the water further than normal colours and are, therefore, the most visible. UV2 is a recent development which is much brighter than previous UV additives we used.
UVAten: This is an additive that changes colour when it is in direct sunlight which aids in the contrast of the colour in the lure and increases its visibility.
Multitech: “MT” is a name we are giving to a combination of additives used both in Pakula Lure Heads and Pakula Lure Skirts that includes additives that are brand new and not any used previously which we will not name due to the numbers of copies.
Cat: In 2017 we added a new additive called ‘Cat’ which we are saying very little about. You might say “we’re not letting the cat out of the bag”. The incredible results of colours like Brad J which is giving Lumo Green a run for supremacy tell us and you that we are certainly on the right track with the Cat.
Please visit our Shipping page for full information on our Shipping Policy.
- Orders $99 and over = FREE STANDARD SHIPPING (excludes Bulky or Heavy Items)
- Orders under $99 = FLAT $10 SHIPPING COST (excludes Bulky or Heavy Items)
- Sydney Metro Same Day/Overnight = $15 FLAT (Specific conditions – see below)
- Express Shipping = $13.50 FLAT (unavailable for Bulky or Heavy Items)
- Priority Shipping = $25 FLAT (unavailable for Bulky or Heavy Items) Startrack Premium air service 1-3 business days most of Australia
Bulky/Heavy/Custom Shipping Charges
- Bulky Items = $20 FLAT (Cart page will advise whether a large item carries a Bulky charge)
- Heavy Items (Sinkers, Weights etc) = $12 FLAT
- Very Heavy/Very Long Items (Electric Motors, Outrigger Poles etc) = Custom shipping cost required – After you place your order, Fishing Station will contact you to discuss shipping costs and options. You are able to request a full refund if the cost is not suitable.
Sydney Metro Same Day/Overnight Courier
- Strictly for orders placed before 9am Sydney time, Monday-Friday (excl public holidays). Orders placed after this time will be delivered the following day.
- Custom work including some reel spooling and rigging services are not eligible for this service – You will be advised at the earliest opportunity if this is the case.
- Delivery in most cases is by 5pm.
- We recommend giving Authority to Leave for residential addresses to prevent delays.
- 2-10 business days
- Delivery times may vary depending on location and seasonality.
- 1-5 business days depending on location
- Please note: Express Shipping is no longer “next day guaranteed”.
- 1-3 business days for most Australian locations
- New Zealand Flat Rate: AUD $25
- Rest of World Flat Rate: AUD $35
- Maximum combined order weight: 500g
- Available for most small items such as reels, lures, hooks, clothing, terminal tackle etc.
- Items >80cm require a custom quote (rods etc)
- Not Available for any Shimano items due to contractual restrictions to only sell within Australia.
- Payment for international orders must be made by a verified Paypal account. If the payment is not verified, Fishing Station may contact you for further verification.
- Local customs charges/import duties may be payable – Fishing Station has no control over this.
30 Day Returns Policy (Online Orders Only)
Custom product creations: Skirted Trolling Lures, Lure Builder, Rigging, Hook Rigs and Services are not eligible for return.
Items “On Sale”, Clearance or Discount are not eligible for return.
Gift Vouchers are not eligible for return or refund.
Gift Packs are not eligible for return or refund.
- Product/s must be unused
- Still in original packaging and condition (including any shrink or plastic wrapping)
- Returns window is activated from date of delivery from logistics carrier (or date of pickup from post office)
- All return postage costs are paid by buyer
- Original shipping costs are non-refundable
Please visit our Returns page for further information.