The Billmark lure skirt range from Black Pete has a number of significant advantages over conventional octopus style skirts.
Firstly, the departure from the traditional octopus shape to a more tapered one means they fit the collars of a lure far better, without any misshapen flare or bulge behind the head, which can be an issue if they’re not a perfect fit.
Vinyl that’s not too thick and not too thin means they won’t tangle up, but will still pulse and trap air when trolled through the water, yet don’t stick together when dry. They’re also easy to work with when fitting, with no tearing.
Billmark lure skirts are available in 8-inch, 10-inch, 12-inch and 14-inch sizes. The rest of the range can be modified to suit irregular collar sizes, so you’ll always have a lure that looks like a real fish killer, not some unsatisfactory compromise that probably won’t get trolled too often.
Skirt sizes are measured from the tip of the skirt head before it is cut. As a rough guide, the overall length of the lure including the skirt is generally close to the length of the skirt required, eg, 7 3/4″ skirts fit 8″ (200m) lures. If you’re re-skirting a commercially produced lure we may know what size skirt it takes, otherwise provide us with the dimensions including the lure neck diameter, head diameter & length & overall lure length including skirt.
Please visit our Shipping page for more information on our Shipping Policy.
- Orders $50 and over = FREE STANDARD SHIPPING (excludes Bulky or Heavy Items)
- Orders under $50 = FLAT $10 SHIPPING COST (excludes Bulky or Heavy Items)
- Sydney Metro Same Day = $15.00 FLAT** (Specific conditions – see below)
- Express Shipping = $13.50 FLAT (unavailable for Bulky or Heavy Items)
- Local Pickup = FREE
- *Bulky Items (Rods, Bags, Large Boxes etc) = $20 FLAT
- *Heavy Items (Sinkers, Weights etc) = $12 FLAT
- *Very Heavy/Very Long Items (Electric Motors, Outrigger Poles etc) = Custom shipping cost required – After you place your order, Fishing Station will contact you to discuss shipping costs and options. You are able to request a full refund if the cost is not suitable.
- 1-6 business days
- Delivery times may vary depending on location and seasonality.
**Sydney Metro Same Day
- Strictly for orders placed before 9am Sydney time, Monday-Friday. Orders placed after this time will be delivered the following day.
- Custom work including some reel spooling and rigging services are not eligible for this service – You will be advised at the earliest opportunity if this is the case.
- 1-4 business days depending on location
- Please note: Express Shipping is no longer “next day guaranteed”.
- Flat Rate: AUD $25
- Maximum combined order weight: 500g
- Available for most small items such as reels, lures, hooks, clothing, terminal tackle etc.
- Items >80cm require a custom quote (rods etc)
- Not Available for any Shimano items due to contractual restrictions to only sell within Australia.
- Payment for international orders must be made by a verified PayPal account. If the payment is not verified, Fishing Station may contact you for further verification.
7 Day Returns Policy (Online Orders Only)
Custom product creations: Skirted Trolling Lures, Lure Builder, Rigging, Hook Rigs and Services are not eligible for return.
Items “On Sale”, Clearance or Discount are not eligible for return.
Gift Vouchers are not eligible for return or refund.
Gift Packs are not eligible for return or refund.
- Product/s must be unused
- Still in original packaging and condition (including any shrink or plastic wrapping)
- Returns window is activated from date of delivery from logistics carrier (or date of pickup from post office)
- All return postage costs are paid by buyer
- Original shipping costs are non-refundable
Please visit our Returns page for further information.