Big brother to highly regarded Shinku, Shimmer Stik has a deadly presentation on the drop. It falls with a pronounced flutter and body roll away from the direction it is cast, back towards the snag, undercut bank or boat hull etc. and falls into the face of your target sport fish.
Simply cast, and let it fall on slack line. If not taken as it falls, let Shimmer Stik sit for 30 seconds then VERY SLOWLY lift the rod to ease the bait back up into the water column, and again let it shimmy back down to the seabed floor. Often eaten on the drop, or taken off the bottom.
Shimmer Stik is also very effective when fished as a prawn imitation across flats and weed beds, edges and drop offs. Use short sharp flicks of the rod to create the fleeing prawn action.
In the case of surface activity, cast Shimmer Stik past the surface bust up and wind quickly with a high rod tip to make the lure swim quickly across the surface, then stop winding and let the lure sink into the feeding frenzy. Hang on!
The seductive fall of this lure makes it an irresistible bait for Bream, Bass and many other species.
Please visit our Shipping page for more information on our Shipping Policy.
- Orders $50 and over = FREE STANDARD SHIPPING (excludes Bulky or Heavy Items)
- Orders under $50 = FLAT $10 SHIPPING COST (excludes Bulky or Heavy Items)
- Sydney Metro Same Day = $15.00 FLAT** (Specific conditions – see below)
- Express Shipping = $13.50 FLAT (unavailable for Bulky or Heavy Items)
- Local Pickup = FREE
- *Bulky Items (Rods, Bags, Large Boxes etc) = $20 FLAT
- *Heavy Items (Sinkers, Weights etc) = $12 FLAT
- *Very Heavy/Very Long Items (Electric Motors, Outrigger Poles etc) = Custom shipping cost required – After you place your order, Fishing Station will contact you to discuss shipping costs and options. You are able to request a full refund if the cost is not suitable.
- 1-6 business days
- Delivery times may vary depending on location and seasonality.
**Sydney Metro Same Day
- Strictly for orders placed before 9am Sydney time, Monday-Friday. Orders placed after this time will be delivered the following day.
- Custom work including some reel spooling and rigging services are not eligible for this service – You will be advised at the earliest opportunity if this is the case.
- 1-4 business days depending on location
- Please note: Express Shipping is no longer “next day guaranteed”.
- Flat Rate: AUD $25
- Maximum combined order weight: 500g
- Available for most small items such as reels, lures, hooks, clothing, terminal tackle etc.
- Items >80cm require a custom quote (rods etc)
- Not Available for any Shimano items due to contractual restrictions to only sell within Australia.
- Payment for international orders must be made by a verified PayPal account. If the payment is not verified, Fishing Station may contact you for further verification.
7 Day Returns Policy
Fishing Station custom product creations (for example: Skirted Trolling Lures, Lure Builder, Rigging) and Services are not eligible for return.
- Product/s must be unused
- Still in original packaging and condition (including any shrink or plastic wrapping)
- Returns window is activated from date of delivery from logistics carrier (or date of pickup from post office)
- All return postage costs are paid by buyer
- Original shipping costs are non-refundable
Please visit our Returns page for further information.