Styled on the typical deep bellied baitfish that are so prevalent all over the globe. The Madscad has been designed to be effective in all environments, in a range of sizes for a huge variety of species. This design has been refined over years of testing and many prototypes to get the perfectly balanced lure. The key design features like the flattened top of the head, to the scalloped sides and small tail wings all combine to make the action on this lure truly dynamic.
The Madscad sinks level, and has a wiggling action when sinking to allow the sides to give off flash and look more like a wounded baitfish. It has an erratic swimming action when twitched, producing a pronounced thumping side to side darting action. You can employ a faster straight retrieve as well, but either the faster retrieve or the slow twitch will entice strikes. Our recommended retrieve when casting is a couple of quick twitches and then a 2-3 second pause to let the lure slowly sink and wiggle and then twitch it again.
The Madscad shows its diverse ability with the 150 and 190 sizes able to be trolled, and the 190 Deep trolling at over 12kn – making it a super enticing wahoo, mahi mahi or tuna lure. The 190mm option comes in the standard 140g sinking or the fast sinking 160g option, which is better for fast trolling. the 150 and 190 sizes are fitted with super tough BKK inline single hooks and the lures feature the Matrix Metal Plate system in the body for ultimate durability. Whether it is GTs, Kingfish, tuna or mackerel when casting, or trolling for wahoo, tuna, marlin or sailfish, the Madscad can do it all. The all-round trolling and casting ability makes it a must have for any serious bluewater fishing trip.
The Madscad 115 is the ultimate all round casting stickbait, and has accounted for more species than any other lure on Nomad Sportfishing charters. Fitted with inline singles and the Gorilla Through Wire system, it is ready to fish out of the box. The Madscad 95mm features 4X BKK trebles, and while we suggest changing these to singles for heavier reef applications, this stickbait is perfect when fished for tuna, mackerel and queenfish with the standard trebles.
Please visit our Shipping page for more information on our Shipping Policy.
- Orders $50 and over = FREE STANDARD SHIPPING (excludes Bulky or Heavy Items)
- Orders under $50 = FLAT $10 SHIPPING COST (excludes Bulky or Heavy Items)
- Sydney Metro Same Day = $15.00 FLAT** (Specific conditions – see below)
- Express Shipping = $13.50 FLAT (unavailable for Bulky or Heavy Items)
- Local Pickup = FREE
- *Bulky Items (Rods, Bags, Large Boxes etc) = $20 FLAT
- *Heavy Items (Sinkers, Weights etc) = $12 FLAT
- *Very Heavy/Very Long Items (Electric Motors, Outrigger Poles etc) = Custom shipping cost required – After you place your order, Fishing Station will contact you to discuss shipping costs and options. You are able to request a full refund if the cost is not suitable.
- 1-6 business days
- Delivery times may vary depending on location and seasonality.
**Sydney Metro Same Day
- Strictly for orders placed before 9am Sydney time, Monday-Friday. Orders placed after this time will be delivered the following day.
- Custom work including some reel spooling and rigging services are not eligible for this service – You will be advised at the earliest opportunity if this is the case.
- 1-4 business days depending on location
- Please note: Express Shipping is no longer “next day guaranteed”.
- Flat Rate: AUD $25
- Maximum combined order weight: 500g
- Available for most small items such as reels, lures, hooks, clothing, terminal tackle etc.
- Items >80cm require a custom quote (rods etc)
- Not Available for any Shimano items due to contractual restrictions to only sell within Australia.
- Payment for international orders must be made by a verified PayPal account. If the payment is not verified, Fishing Station may contact you for further verification.
7 Day Returns Policy (Online Orders Only)
Custom product creations: Skirted Trolling Lures, Lure Builder, Rigging, Hook Rigs and Services are not eligible for return.
Items “On Sale”, Clearance or Discount are not eligible for return.
Gift Vouchers are not eligible for return or refund.
Gift Packs are not eligible for return or refund.
- Product/s must be unused
- Still in original packaging and condition (including any shrink or plastic wrapping)
- Returns window is activated from date of delivery from logistics carrier (or date of pickup from post office)
- All return postage costs are paid by buyer
- Original shipping costs are non-refundable
Please visit our Returns page for further information.