Outside of the Cairns heavy tackle marlin fishery, rigging dead baits to skip or swim is largely a forgotten art, but bait rigging is gradually coming back into vogue as southern anglers in particular realise just how useful a skill it can be when switch-baiting striped and mid-range Black Marlin.
Having the right stitching needles is crucial to getting the various bait fish to skip or swim correctly and for extended periods of time, as too big a needle will make an excessively large hole. This will lead to the rigging working loose and the bait quickly ‘washing out’. Black Pete’s Bait Rigging Needles are made of stainless steel and come in three useful sizes to suit a variety of different bait rigging scenarios. The ten centimetre model is ideal for Mullet, Garfish, Slimy Mackerel and the like, the 15 centimetre needle will handle scad, queenfish and small tuna, and the jumbo 21 centimetre version is perfect for large tuna, scaly mackerel and rainbow runners. The needle eyelets are flattened and slim in profile, so as not to make too big a hole in the bait, and the points are nice and sharp so they easily penetrate gristle and bone. The six needle set is supplied in a stylish leather pouch with a hook grip closure.
- 2x 6″ Bait Needle
- 2x 8″ Bait Needle
- 2×6″ Light Bait Needle
- 2×8″ Light Bait Needle
Please visit our Shipping page for more information on our Shipping Policy.
- Orders $50 and over = FREE STANDARD SHIPPING (excludes Bulky or Heavy Items)
- Orders under $50 = FLAT $10 SHIPPING COST (excludes Bulky or Heavy Items)
- Sydney Metro Same Day = $15.00 FLAT** (Specific conditions – see below)
- Express Shipping = $13.50 FLAT (unavailable for Bulky or Heavy Items)
- Local Pickup = FREE
- *Bulky Items (Rods, Bags, Large Boxes etc) = $20 FLAT
- *Heavy Items (Sinkers, Weights etc) = $12 FLAT
- *Very Heavy/Very Long Items (Electric Motors, Outrigger Poles etc) = Custom shipping cost required – After you place your order, Fishing Station will contact you to discuss shipping costs and options. You are able to request a full refund if the cost is not suitable.
- 1-6 business days
- Delivery times may vary depending on location and seasonality.
**Sydney Metro Same Day
- Strictly for orders placed before 9am Sydney time, Monday-Friday. Orders placed after this time will be delivered the following day.
- Custom work including some reel spooling and rigging services are not eligible for this service – You will be advised at the earliest opportunity if this is the case.
- 1-4 business days depending on location
- Please note: Express Shipping is no longer “next day guaranteed”.
- Flat Rate: AUD $25
- Maximum combined order weight: 500g
- Available for most small items such as reels, lures, hooks, clothing, terminal tackle etc.
- Items >80cm require a custom quote (rods etc)
- Not Available for any Shimano items due to contractual restrictions to only sell within Australia.
- Payment for international orders must be made by a verified PayPal account. If the payment is not verified, Fishing Station may contact you for further verification.
30 Day Returns Policy (Online Orders Only)
Custom product creations: Skirted Trolling Lures, Lure Builder, Rigging, Hook Rigs and Services are not eligible for return.
Items “On Sale”, Clearance or Discount are not eligible for return.
Gift Vouchers are not eligible for return or refund.
Gift Packs are not eligible for return or refund.
- Product/s must be unused
- Still in original packaging and condition (including any shrink or plastic wrapping)
- Returns window is activated from date of delivery from logistics carrier (or date of pickup from post office)
- All return postage costs are paid by buyer
- Original shipping costs are non-refundable
Please visit our Returns page for further information.