The pull strength of the new Ocea 8 is improved up to 25 per cent greater than the previous EX8 for the same diameter. Ocea 8 utilises Shimano’s exclusive Tough Cross braiding method. What makes it stand out from the rest is that the line is woven at 45 degrees under tension to create a tighter fibre structure, making it more stable, easier to manage and possesses increased abrasion resistance.
Shimano Heat Sink coating has been developed and applied to the line to reduce concentration of heat from guide and drag pressure on the line. The Izanas fibre has a new and improved fibre lay technology exclusive to Shimano, which prevents flattening of the line that could lead to premature breakage. As a result the pull strength and abrasion resistance is vastly improved.
HEAT SINK COATING – A special heat sink coating is applied to the line reducing heat build up and premature breakage in drawn out battles.
X FILAMENT – Shimano Exclusive Izanas fibres account for an increased pull strength by up to 25%.
X TOUGH CROSS – X Tough Cross incorporates a tight weave construction, which improves overall linear strength and knot strength. Another advantage is that it lowers elongation and heightens sensitivity, making it perfect for high-end fishing.
- STRONG BREAKING STRAIN
- MADE IN JAPAN
- 8 STRAND CONSTRUCTION
- PE BRAID
- HEAT SINK COATING
- COLOUR CHANGE EVERY 10M
|BREAKING STRENGTH LB
Please visit our Shipping page for more information on our Shipping Policy.
- Orders $50 and over = FREE STANDARD SHIPPING (excludes Bulky or Heavy Items)
- Orders under $50 = FLAT $10 SHIPPING COST (excludes Bulky or Heavy Items)
- Sydney Metro Same Day = $15.00 FLAT** (Specific conditions – see below)
- Express Shipping = $13.50 FLAT (unavailable for Bulky or Heavy Items)
- Local Pickup = FREE
- *Bulky Items (Rods, Bags, Large Boxes etc) = $20 FLAT
- *Heavy Items (Sinkers, Weights etc) = $12 FLAT
- *Very Heavy/Very Long Items (Electric Motors, Outrigger Poles etc) = Custom shipping cost required – After you place your order, Fishing Station will contact you to discuss shipping costs and options. You are able to request a full refund if the cost is not suitable.
- 1-6 business days
- Delivery times may vary depending on location and seasonality.
**Sydney Metro Same Day
- Strictly for orders placed before 9am Sydney time, Monday-Friday. Orders placed after this time will be delivered the following day.
- Custom work including some reel spooling and rigging services are not eligible for this service – You will be advised at the earliest opportunity if this is the case.
- 1-4 business days depending on location
- Please note: Express Shipping is no longer “next day guaranteed”.
- Flat Rate: AUD $25
- Maximum combined order weight: 500g
- Available for most small items such as reels, lures, hooks, clothing, terminal tackle etc.
- Items >80cm require a custom quote (rods etc)
- Not Available for any Shimano items due to contractual restrictions to only sell within Australia.
- Payment for international orders must be made by a verified PayPal account. If the payment is not verified, Fishing Station may contact you for further verification.
30 Day Returns Policy (Online Orders Only)
Custom product creations: Skirted Trolling Lures, Lure Builder, Rigging, Hook Rigs and Services are not eligible for return.
Items “On Sale”, Clearance or Discount are not eligible for return.
Gift Vouchers are not eligible for return or refund.
Gift Packs are not eligible for return or refund.
- Product/s must be unused
- Still in original packaging and condition (including any shrink or plastic wrapping)
- Returns window is activated from date of delivery from logistics carrier (or date of pickup from post office)
- All return postage costs are paid by buyer
- Original shipping costs are non-refundable
Please visit our Returns page for further information.