The advantage of braid is the incredible sensitivity you get from near zero stretch; Platypus Lo-Stretch™ has the lowest stretch possible from a monofilament. By captialising on new raw material blends and state of the art manufacturing processes we are able to bring you this exceptional line.
Some stretch is good, braid has almost no stretch which makes the line incredibly sensitive, but can result in pulled hooks and lost fish. Platypus Lo-Stretch™ gives you the best of both worlds – enough stretch to allow a slight shock absorbing quality with minimum stretch for maximum sensitivity.
All braided lines have worse knot strength than monofilament, and knots for braids typically require more turns and wraps than regular knots. Good knots tied with Platypus Lo-Stretch™ give 100% knot strength, excellent knots tied in braid give 85% knot strength.
Platypus Lo-Stretch™ is more cost effective than Braid, roughly one third the price of Braid.
- Lo-Stretch™ is thinner than most monofilaments
- Constructed using an exclusive three-layer process
- IGFA class
- Low stretch for added sensitivity and improved lure action
- 100% Australian made, owned and operated
Please visit our Shipping page for more information on our Shipping Policy.
- Orders $50 and over = FREE STANDARD SHIPPING (excludes Bulky or Heavy Items)
- Orders under $50 = FLAT $10 SHIPPING COST (excludes Bulky or Heavy Items)
- Sydney Metro Same Day = $15.00 FLAT** (Specific conditions – see below)
- Express Shipping = $13.50 FLAT (unavailable for Bulky or Heavy Items)
- Local Pickup = FREE
- *Bulky Items (Rods, Bags, Large Boxes etc) = $20 FLAT
- *Heavy Items (Sinkers, Weights etc) = $12 FLAT
- *Very Heavy/Very Long Items (Electric Motors, Outrigger Poles etc) = Custom shipping cost required – After you place your order, Fishing Station will contact you to discuss shipping costs and options. You are able to request a full refund if the cost is not suitable.
- 1-6 business days
- Delivery times may vary depending on location and seasonality.
**Sydney Metro Same Day
- Strictly for orders placed before 9am Sydney time, Monday-Friday. Orders placed after this time will be delivered the following day.
- Custom work including some reel spooling and rigging services are not eligible for this service – You will be advised at the earliest opportunity if this is the case.
- 1-4 business days depending on location
- Please note: Express Shipping is no longer “next day guaranteed”.
- Flat Rate: AUD $25
- Maximum combined order weight: 500g
- Available for most small items such as reels, lures, hooks, clothing, terminal tackle etc.
- Items >80cm require a custom quote (rods etc)
- Not Available for any Shimano items due to contractual restrictions to only sell within Australia.
- Payment for international orders must be made by a verified PayPal account. If the payment is not verified, Fishing Station may contact you for further verification.
30 Day Returns Policy (Online Orders Only)
Custom product creations: Skirted Trolling Lures, Lure Builder, Rigging, Hook Rigs and Services are not eligible for return.
Items “On Sale”, Clearance or Discount are not eligible for return.
Gift Vouchers are not eligible for return or refund.
Gift Packs are not eligible for return or refund.
- Product/s must be unused
- Still in original packaging and condition (including any shrink or plastic wrapping)
- Returns window is activated from date of delivery from logistics carrier (or date of pickup from post office)
- All return postage costs are paid by buyer
- Original shipping costs are non-refundable
Please visit our Returns page for further information.