The Elite RIO Perception is an easy casting, general purpose fly line that casts nymphs, dry flies, streamers and soft hackles with ease. The short head makes this a particularly good line on smaller rivers and lakes when long distance line control is not necessary.
This line is built with RIO’s low-stretch ConnectCore Plus, resulting in exceptionally smooth, durable fly lines, with the added benefits of incredible levels of sensitivity when casting and fishing, and providing enhanced detection of takes, faster hook sets, and far greater control when playing a fish. In addition, this line is built with SlickCast, RIO’s proprietary coating technology, creating the slickest, most durable fly lines on the market. Lab tests show that lines built with SlickCast have the least amount of friction ever measured in a fly line.
The RIO Perception is the best all-around fly line on smaller rivers and lakes.
- Surefire – RIO’s triple colour line marking system that makes it easy to gauge distances and load, with a quick glance.
- EasyID – RIO’s printed line marking system that allows anglers to quickly and easily identify each line.
- Front Welded Loop – A neat, bulletproof loop welded at the front of the fly line for fast rigging to a leader.
- Back Welded Loop – A neat, bulletproof loop welded at the end of the fly line for fast rigging to backing.
- Easy casting taper design for great all-around performance
- Shorter head length for quick loading and ideal on smaller rivers and lakes
- Low-stretch ConnectCore Plus for the best in casting control, performance and smoothness
- Built with RIO’s exceptionally slick, durable SlickCast
- Features RIO’s SureFire tricoloured measuring system for increased accuracy and distance control
- Our next-generation, low-stretch core provides a radical increase in line durability, smoothness and performance. The highest-performing, longest-lasting freshwater lines in the world are built around ConnectCore Plus.
- SlickCast creates the slickest, most durable coating on the market – producing the least amount of friction ever measured on a fly line.
- MaxFloat Tip technology is a high float coating that floats more than twice as high as regular fly line tips, without any increase in diameter