Conquer the flats with RIO’s Flats Pro tropical saltwater line. This line has a mid length head and long back taper for smooth, effortless loops, and a weight distribution that provide perfect presentations of just about any fly you are likely to use. Each line is built on RIO’s low-memory DirectCore that is extremely easy to anneal (stretch) and lies perfectly straight on the water, yet retains the stiffness needed to cast in hot conditions. In addition the line is built with SlickCast—the slickest, most durable coating on the market. This line is a full floating line with a 6ft intermediate stealth tip.
- Built with RIO’s exceptionally slick, durable SlickCast coating
- Low stretch “DirectCore” for hard, solid strip sets
- Designed to easily cast flies from size 2/0 to 8
- Mid length head & long back taper for complete line control
- SureFire tricoloured measuring system for increased accuracy and distance control
DIRECTCORE – DirectCore is RIO’s low-stretch core used in tropical lines. DirectCore stretches 30% less than other tropical cores, is exceptionally easy to pull coils out of, and lies exceptionally straight on the water.
SLICKCAST – SlickCast creates the slickest, most durable coating on the market – producing the least amount of friction ever measured on a fly line.
- SUREFIRE – RIO’s triple colour line marking system that makes it easy to gauge distances and load, with a quick glance.
- EASYID – RIO’s printed line marking system that allows anglers to quickly and easily identify each line.
- FRONT WELDED LOOP – A neat, bulletproof loop welded at the front of the fly line for fast rigging to a leader.
- BACK WELDED LOOP – A neat, bulletproof loop welded at the end of the fly line for fast rigging to backing.
|Line Colour||Sink Rate||Line Size||30′ Head Weight||Full Head Weight||Head Length||
|Clear/Aqua/Orange/Light Sand||Float/1.5ips||WF7F/I||210gr (13.6gm)||305gr (19.8gm)||49ft (14.9m)||100ft (30.5m)|
|Clear/Aqua/Orange/Light Sand||Float/1.5ips||WF8F/I||240gr (15.6gm)||335gr (21.7gm)||49ft (14.9m)||100ft (30.5m)|
|Clear/Aqua/Orange/Light Sand||Float/1.5ips||WF9F/I||280gr (18.2gm)||400gr (25.9gm)||50ft (15.2m)||100ft (30.5m)|
|Clear/Aqua/Orange/Light Sand||Float/1.5ips||WF10F/I||330gr (21.4gm)||475gr (30.8gm)||50ft (15.2m)||100ft (30.5m)|
|Clear/Aqua/Orange/Light Sand||Float/1.5ips||WF11F/I||380gr (24.7gm)||545gr (35.3gm)||50ft (15.2m)||100ft (30.5m)|
|Clear/Aqua/Orange/Light Sand||Float/1.5ips||WF12F/I||430gr (27.9gm)||590gr (38.2gm)||50ft (15.2m)||100ft (30.5m)|