Much debate swirls around the most humane way to kill a fish. This process was developed by the Japanse for sashimi grade fish and called it “ikijime”
Once caught, fish can spoil very rapidly. This is caused by enzymes, bacteria and oxidation, the process accelarates rapidly when fish are left in the sun, in the bilge of a boat, or anywhere it can dry out or heat up. Enzymes in the gut flesh continue to work, breaking down the gut lining and flesh. This destroys the texture of the flesh and causes the flavour to be spoiled. The spoilage process can be slowed and quality fish presented in terms of appearance, flesh texture, taste and odour, if the following procedure is followed. On capture, the fish should be killed as quickly as possible.
The best method is to spike the fish through the brain with a sharp instrument such as the SURECATCH Stainless Fish Spike.
- Brand New in Original Condition
- Stainless Steel Spike
- Deluxe T Shape moulded handle
- Heavy duty construction
- Made by well known and trusted Company SureCatch.
Please visit our Shipping page for more information on our Shipping Policy.
- Orders $100 and over = FREE STANDARD SHIPPING*
- Orders under $100 = FLAT $10 SHIPPING COST*
- Sydney Metro Same Day = $15.00 FLAT** (Specific conditions – see below)
- Express Shipping = $13.50 FLAT^
- Local Pickup = FREE
- *Bulky Items (Rods, Bags, Large Boxes etc) = $20 FLAT
- ^Express Shipping not available for Bulky Items
- 1-6 business days
- Delivery times may vary depending on location and seasonality.
**Sydney Metro Same Day
- Strictly for orders placed before 9am Sydney time, Monday-Friday. Orders placed after this time will be delivered the following day.
- Custom work including some reel spooling and rigging services are not eligible for this service – You will be advised at the earliest opportunity if this is the case.
- 1-4 business days depending on location
- Please note: Express Shipping is no longer “next day guaranteed”.
At this stage we are unable to ship outside Australia.
7 Day Returns Policy
- Product/s must be unused
- Still in original packaging and condition (including any shrink or plastic wrapping)
- Returns window is activated from date of delivery from logistics carrier (or date of pickup from post office)
- All return postage costs are paid by buyer
- Original shipping costs are non-refundable
Please visit our Returns page for further information.