The Pakula Heavy Tackle Gloves have been developed by Peter Pakula to offer a pair of gloves that handle very large fish on nylon, braid, Dacron and wire leaders.
- Hi-density soft leather padding on the palms helps distribute the load of the leader over a greater area and lessens the effect of hands getting squeezed. The padding on the back has embossed grooves to help keep wraps in place.
- The hi-density leather padding is cut to extend along the index and small finger to eliminate the leader catching on seams to lessen the change of line and leaders hanging up on the gloves and to protect the fingers from leaders whipping when under great load. The padding extends to the wrist for added protection.
- Palms are tough abrasion resistant Hi density but very soft cowhide which are much tougher than pigskin that is commonly used. By using hi density hide we are able to make the base glove thinner offering greater feel and dexterity.
- The backs and sides of the fingers have drain holes to aid breathing for comfort and fast drying.
- Added padding on the inside of the thumb so that leaders don\’t get caught on seams and to add strength to that area.
- Elasticated cuffs for added comfort and compensate for various sized wrists.
- Size label on the tabs so that you can find a matching pair of gloves easily and oversized Velcro tabs to keep the end of the flap tight so that it doesn’t get caught in the leader. The position of the tabs is unique to minimise chances of the leader getting caught.
Please visit our Shipping page for more information on our Shipping Policy.
- Orders $50 and over = FREE STANDARD SHIPPING (excludes Bulky or Heavy Items)
- Orders under $50 = FLAT $10 SHIPPING COST (excludes Bulky or Heavy Items)
- Sydney Metro Same Day = $15.00 FLAT** (Specific conditions – see below)
- Express Shipping = $13.50 FLAT (unavailable for Bulky or Heavy Items)
- Local Pickup = FREE
- *Bulky Items (Rods, Bags, Large Boxes etc) = $20 FLAT
- *Heavy Items (Sinkers, Weights etc) = $12 FLAT
- *Very Heavy/Very Long Items (Electric Motors, Outrigger Poles etc) = Custom shipping cost required – After you place your order, Fishing Station will contact you to discuss shipping costs and options. You are able to request a full refund if the cost is not suitable.
- 1-6 business days
- Delivery times may vary depending on location and seasonality.
**Sydney Metro Same Day
- Strictly for orders placed before 9am Sydney time, Monday-Friday. Orders placed after this time will be delivered the following day.
- Custom work including some reel spooling and rigging services are not eligible for this service – You will be advised at the earliest opportunity if this is the case.
- 1-4 business days depending on location
- Please note: Express Shipping is no longer “next day guaranteed”.
- Flat Rate: AUD $25
- Maximum combined order weight: 500g
- Available for most small items such as reels, lures, hooks, clothing, terminal tackle etc.
- Items >80cm require a custom quote (rods etc)
- Not Available for any Shimano items due to contractual restrictions to only sell within Australia.
- Payment for international orders must be made by a verified PayPal account. If the payment is not verified, Fishing Station may contact you for further verification.
7 Day Returns Policy (Online Orders Only)
Custom product creations: Skirted Trolling Lures, Lure Builder, Rigging, Hook Rigs and Services are not eligible for return.
Items “On Sale”, Clearance or Discount are not eligible for return.
Gift Vouchers are not eligible for return or refund.
Gift Packs are not eligible for return or refund.
- Product/s must be unused
- Still in original packaging and condition (including any shrink or plastic wrapping)
- Returns window is activated from date of delivery from logistics carrier (or date of pickup from post office)
- All return postage costs are paid by buyer
- Original shipping costs are non-refundable
Please visit our Returns page for further information.