Fishing Rod Building
Fishing Station offers an extensive rod building service by our highly experienced technicians.
Custom rod building is a highly specialised niche that is frequently overlooked these days by most conventional tackle stores. Our team live and breathe rod building – if they have a spare night you’ll often find them tinkering in our workshop into the late hours building their next custom masterpiece. Every custom rod building request is undertaken with the same level of precision and detail as if it were their own. From beginner anglers to tournament veterans, our team will be able to build a rod to any requirement.
Our custom equipped workshop is fitted out with professional equipment not readily available at local fishing tackle stores, such as our multi-rod drying facility and state of the art rod lathe. We keep an inventory on hand of extensive quality-sourced componentry and blanks. Our team take the time to ensure only the highest quality items are sourced, as a lot of the work is for their own equipment – the best demand the best.
If you are in the Sydney or Northern Beaches area, drop in to our store at anytime to discuss your options.
- Custom, handcrafted fishing rods
- Cosmetic customisations to your existing fishing rod to suit a particular look you are after
- Grip/handle customisations including custom designs and material overlays
Australia-Wide Servicing by CourierWe welcome equipment for servicing and repairs from all over Australia.
- Reels: use adequate protection to prevent the reel from moving during transit. We recommend either bubble wrap, plenty of newspaper, foam packaging etc and a sturdy cardboard box.
- Rods: if the rod is more than 1pc, take apart. Place cardboard over all guides and tips. Place the rod inside a length of PVC pipe or strong cylindrical cardboard packaging. Note: most couriers have length limits of 1.5m.
Want to make a service request?
Please fill out the form on the specific service pages to make a service request.
Drop in and see us anytime with your equipment. Our turnaround time is dependent on the work required.
Getting ready for your next fishing adventure?
Call and speak to our fishing experts today or pop in-store for a visit