Fishing Reel Repairs and Servicing
Fishing Station offers a full suite of reel repairs and servicing options
All repairs are completed on-site – no equipment is sent to third-parties. Our technicians will advise prior to repair whether the reel can be repaired by the manufacturer under warranty. Our technicians are available for advice and discussion on your reel, whether in person or over the phone.
Our workshop is fully equipped with all tools required for precise and careful servicing. We stock a large inventory of reel spare parts, including gears, handles, miniature bearings, drag washers, lubricants and specialised custom parts. Any parts not in stock are ordered from our large supplier network.
Reel servicing frequency varies depending on usage, however it is recommended at a minimum to have your reels serviced at least once per year. This prevents the build up of sand, salt, oil deposits, grease and other foreign particles that can clog the working components.
Every reel service includes a complete overhaul; all components taken apart, cleaning, inspection, lubrication, and moisture inhibitor application of all interior and exterior parts.
Specific Repairs and Servicing Available:
- All make and model reels, from any year
- Drag system upgrades
- Performance upgrades for smoother, farther casting
- Reel greasing and cleaning
- Broken reels
- Full strip and reel rebuild
If you are in the Sydney or Northern Beaches area, drop in to our store at anytime to discuss your options.
Australia-Wide Servicing by Courier
- Reels: use adequate protection to prevent the reel from moving during transit. We recommend either bubble wrap, plenty of newspaper, foam packaging etc and a sturdy cardboard box.
- Rods: if the rod is more than 1pc, take apart. Place cardboard over all guides and tips. Place the rod inside a length of PVC pipe or strong cylindrical cardboard packaging. Note: most couriers have length limits of 1.5m.
Want to make a service request?
Please fill out the form on the specific service pages to make a service request.
Drop in and see us anytime with your equipment. Our turnaround time is dependent on the work required.
Getting ready for your next fishing adventure?
Call and speak to our fishing experts today or pop in-store for a visit